Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My current holding

I need to declare my current holding of stocks and update the progress as time goes by. It's also a self-disciplinary step for me hold my stocks as long as I can. I have a history of bad holding power and led me to my losses in the past few years.

My KLSE holding is:
XinQuan - 2000 shares (@RM1.20)
BSDREIT - 2000 shares (@RM1.30)

My US E-trade account holding is:
C (Citigroup) - 250 shares (@USD3.47)

My fund is limited (RM30k) and I will post screen shots if I make any buy and sell to prove my actual trade. Wish me luck and also don't wish me luck. In stock market, the more you depend on luck, the faster you lose money as you tend to gamble forget about the investment part, eg. the earnings, etc.

I like to set target earnings for 2010 but it is the cause of failure from past experience. One tends to lose focus when a target is set. One tends to limit themselves to make certain amount of money in a confined time frame which results in the wrong sell/buy timing. Timing is very crucial in the short term and may not affect much in the long term. Inflation is picking up fast in Malaysia and relying on long term investment may not be able to fight the inflation in the short term. I will invest both in long and short term. And don't wish me luck as I am not gambling.

With this clarification, my journey emarks...

No comments:

Post a Comment