Friday, February 5, 2010

Fear is Back!

This correction due to uncertainties across the globe could stay for a while. It now depends on how US is going to assure the world tonight. It is very predictable that someone will step up and say something to calm the market like what happened in the end of 2008. Usually US Fed Chairman will say or do something. He has been quiet since his re-election. Back in 2008, he will say something even if the Dow futures was down more than 100 points to calm the market. I am not sure whether he will perform the same trick tonight.

To me, the wind has changed. A new life is found. Holding not proven companies' stock is a joke now. Therefore I let go my XinQuan and Melewar until the companies are able to come out with good earnings for a few more quaters. The game has changed as DXY indicate a high level of fear around the globe. Buying defensive stocks is a better strategy. Although I suffered a 7% loss in January, I will fight on. My journey doesn't end yet. With a new fresh capital of RM28k (2k loss), I think 28 is an auspicious number.

Those who read previous blogs should know that bears are coming and coming quick. Hope they do well in their portfolio and stand strong to continue investing with a smile.

My journey doesn't end here. It is just a wind of change. To change to adapt to the environment instead of going against the wind. Good luck and happy preparing CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment